Sunday, February 28, 2010

Reason Saves Cleveland

As one who grew up and lived in Cleveland for some 34 years, I will be very interested to see the results of Drew Carey's project with the Reason Foundation, called 'Reason Saves Cleveland'.

My opinion of Cleveland was that it was a city that had an iron grip clutching to the past that left- the days of exceptionally high-paying jobs that required workers to show up and bring a marginal skill set with them. Virtually all public policy I ever reviewed could predictably lead to brain and wealth drain. Truly, you have to be a fool to live in the City of Cleveland, in my opinion.


I will follow with interest. Alas, my opinion of the City is that it is rather the logical conclusion of the old adage, "You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink". In Cleveland's case, "You can hold the horse's head under water, and it wouldn't drink to save it's life. The only water it will take in will drown it."

No comments: